A Listing of Key Communications Resources
All c-Champions that seek to develop a local or regional presence through the development of a c-Community and a c-ISAO will need to logically think through the key elements of a communications plan. The following checklist steps will be key for anyone who wants to lead the c-Community effort.
- Communications Strategy & Resources
- Ask yourself: Why communicate? Develop a Communications Strategy
- Develop a methodology for communication
- Determine when to use each type of communication
- Establish a timeline for communications
- Compile a library of communication tools
- Select the types of communication tools – Mix them up and measure your response
- Determine when to communicate and about what – Timing & Frequency
- Inventory all communications resources
- Establish Internal Communications to the c-Community including Sharing Restrictions
- Define Escalation for Communications to Local Law Enforcement and Infragard
- Sharing of indicators of compromise with local law enforcement
- Breach notification
Below are listed a series of hotlinks to key resources c-Champions may need when building out a c-Community.